Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 9-audio books

I have to say that I am really amazed with the project Gutenburg. Although there are many many books that I would not want to read, there are some titles there that I did recognize. My son would probably love to see the inaugural addresses by the presidents and I plan on showing him this next week. We do subscribe to e-books at the district level but most of them are nonfiction (actually, I think all of them). So is it Okay to include a link to the site on a web page? I wish more of the titles were audio books but it is pretty cool that there are audio books too. I think of those people who put all these things together and I can't help but think that they have no other life because it seems like it would take so much of their time. I just had a glass of wine so I may be rambling a little. Anyway, this is probably one area that I haven't explored too much, I think maybe because I love to hold books and look at the jackets and take it to bed with me...hmmm, that sounded a little weird. But, I can definitely see the usefulness of ebooks, everyone could pull up the same book and you woudn't need to have multiple copies.

1 comment:

  1. I too want to hold the book - even the Kindle doesn't do it for me. Must be a generational thing. It has come in handy for me however when a class is reading a classic and I have run out of copies. Voila! Instant copy.

    ReplyDelete