Monday, December 29, 2008

week3-FlickR discovery

I could spend hours on FlickR playing around. I made trading cards from pictures that I took when my son played baseball--it was just too cute. The picture I posted was from FD Toys and I used the Motivator template. I was trying to think of a way to make READ posters on my own until I could afford the software that ALA sells. Since I had a whole bunch of pictures from my site I used the one shown. The only thing I can't figure out how to do is make the picture smaller so if anyone wants to give me any advice that would be great. Sometimes I feel like I'm just rambling on but rambling and blogging almost sounds the same to me.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is a great photo, but does look like it might be photoshopped given the size of the waves. Flickr is a great place for kids to get pictures to use for reports - altho, alas, it is usually blocked at school sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - didn't answer your size question. You would have to import the picture into a program (even the free Paint one provided with most Windows installations) and resize it there. See if that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE having fun! In a few weeks or months from now, you may want to return to this or other posts to refresh your memory on something you learned. For this reason, it is useful to link to sites you reference. For example, you might want to "edit" this post and "link" to the "FLICKR" and "FD Toys" urls.

    It is easy to edit earlier posts. I do it all the time. Especially if I blog from my mobile phone because that's when I do a quick post so I won't forget a topic.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete