Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 8-Library Thing

This is an interesting site, but again you could take forever exploring what others have to say about a book or how popular it is, or the reviews. I thought it was kind of strange though that Kite Runner has over 18,000 members and popularity of 15, whereas Classic Fiction of the Harlem Renaissance has 15 members and popularity of 298,285. I was looking at the "hot reviews" on the home page and I did notice that someone used the F word. Even though I am a groovy person I sort of feel that this is uncalled for on a Library site, it wasn't like he was quoting the book. Regardless of this, I still really liked Library Thing and plan on using it in some way. One more thing--I made the book widget but I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted to on my blog site. I had 4 columns and 3 rows. I made the blog widget with just the book covers and then I think I added it by going to layout in my blog and selecting html from gadgets. I also tried by saving it as a jpeg and then inserting it as an image but it would only copy one cover. Any step by step instructions on getting it to look more like a poster?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm - I can't paste code into the comments. I email you the code I did to see how it shows when you plug it in. It is 4x3 of female mystery writers.
    I selected random book covers/random books/all tags/show 12/ small fixed width/ no text/ style 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did all that too, and again, but it still doesn't put it in the way I want it to look. Maybe it has to do with my blog layout?

    ReplyDelete