Thursday, January 29, 2009

Week 7-thing 17


That was really neat and groovy seeing all the ideas. The ones that interest me most are the image generators and flickr fd, that allow you to make the posters and different cards. I just think things like that are so much fun, and if I think they're fun than a school age person will think it's fun (in my mind any way). I will definately use the sand box for ideas and think it is just great how others share what they are doing or planning on doing. At the school I used to work at the Teacher Librarian has the CDs for making the "read posters" and got the teachers to take pictures with a book and the posters were then put on the wall. I think the kids really enjoyed seeing the teachers with their books. I don't know if I will have the money to buy the program but in the mean time I can use the ALA mini poster generator and make mini posters for free to include on our school web page--it will be a "Look who's Reading" section. I would also like to have a separate page for the students. What I think would be really cool is to make a montage after so many kids have participated and then buying the poster to put in the library.

3 comments:

  1. Cool poster. I miss the tiara, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the exact same thing. Ahhh, the tiara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that fun? Why not get all your teachers and students to create mini-posters, but because of the need to keep faces cover, have them show only their eyes and the book (book covers face) --- or take photos of top of kids heads looking down at their book (intently reading a good story...)

    Anyway, great post. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete