Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week6-Technorati


I just watched "Dark Knight" with my kids the other night and saw a little bit of myself in the character two-face. I love technology but I absolutely love books and love to read, and sometimes I want to throw the computer right out the window. There are so many things one can do with sources like Technorati and Delicious--the networking, the connections, the sharing of ideas--but then I think "Gosh, I can just call my old boss who happens to be one of the techiest librarians I know and just ask her." That would save me a lot of time, plus I get to hear what's going on with her and all the others I used to know.--hmmmm.
Anyway, getting back to Technorati, I thought it was pretty easy to navigate. I put in the search for "School Library Learning 2.0" and I think there were around 27 blogs, but nothing when I clicked on posts, but I'm not really sure what the difference is and then the two-face comes out and....
I did notice that Web2.0 was one of the 100 most popular (and was also listed in the directory under the catagory technology) and checked out some of those blogs.
So, it all goes back to having the time to really explore these blogs. But, lately I don't so when I'm really looking for an answer to a specific question I know who to call.

3 comments:

  1. And you know both the work and home numbers as well as the email - so keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now for the real response...
    Technorati is especially helpful when you have students (or teachers or administrators) who are researching something current that you would not have any print resources on - especially if they are looking for opinions. For instance, what if a social studies class was preparing for a debate on whether Obama should close Gitmo? Where else would you find the depth of opinions except in the blogosphere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't even think of that. The only problem though is whether sites like these are blocked at the school site and I'm thinking they are. They could research it at home, but I know in our district there are still a lot of kids who do not have access to the internet.

    ReplyDelete