Friday, January 2, 2009

week4: thing 9-RSS

I searched most of the different tools that help you find feeds--I think basically they all work the same way. The ones that have the tags are useful and also the ones that have the menu bar that allow you to search for a certain topic. I was trying to think which one(s) I used when adding the feeds to Google Reader and then I remembered that I didn't use any for most of them. I just went to the site I was most interested in, news-library blogs-weather-and used the rss feed provided on that site. I think sometimes the best way to find a site that you want to be attached to is to ask friends that are knowledgeable in the area and ask them. It saved me some time.

2 comments:

  1. Many folks also have a list of what blogs they monitor on the side menu of their blog, so if you find someone whose blog interests you, looking at what they like sometimes brings up more great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving along just fine!

    RSS feeds of my student blogs alerts me to which students have posted. It is especially helpful when following 10+ individuals, like those taking a course. For example, I knew you posted because you registered for SLL2.0 and I added you to my Bloglines RSS feeder. As an instructor, I consider RSS news feeds as a fantastic productivity tool.

    ReplyDelete