Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week5-Rollyo




I've decided that I'm going to have to let this one go and if I have time I will go back to it and try to figure it out. I was always told that if you get stuck on a problem move. Maybe it's just me, but I just couldn't get a hold on this one. I created a search roll on a subject I liked but then I wasn't clear on what to do with it. I thought maybe I could click on the sites to automatically go there from the drop down box, but it just listed them. If there is any one out there who has the time and patience to explain it all to me I will gladly listen. Even though this picture has nothing to do with my Rollyo experience (just a friendly game of Scrabble) this is sort of how I felt.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I wouldn't leave you all alone in this cruel 2.0 world!
    When you make a Rollyo search tool, you should do one for a specific subject - let's say sites about Westward Expansion in U. S. History. Then when the kiddos come in to do research on Lewis and Clark you direct them to that Rollyo - you can even still it on your webpage when you get that up and rolling. What is cool is that they then type in their search terms and Rollyo does a search - but only in the sites that you designated. This might have more application at the elementary and middle schools where students aren't as good at doing searches. But I can see where some high school classes could use some barricades erected. If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll try to show you with a Rollyo I'll put on my site.

    ReplyDelete